Tuesday 23 April 2013

Talk to Papa Joe: Para sa mga mugbo

DEAR Papa Joe,
I feel so sorry about sa putot nga nagpadala nga guy. I have the same situation with his. I am only 2 inches taller than him.
While I was in college I was in the advanced ROTC program but I was so frustrated when I failed to get the highest position (corps commander) due to my height. I felt so bad about it but thought that it’s not the end of the world. Nahimo kong chairman sa supreme student council commission on election and the president of the largest club in the university (College-Y club). A lot of people still believe in me in spite of my height. I even got married to a beautiful woman who was one of the ROTC sponsors and later became Ms. University during our time. She was 2 inches taller than me.
Unfortunately, namatay ang akong asawa tungod sa komplikasyon sa iyang panglawas human mi makaanak og duha.
Naminyo na sab ko og laing babaye nga mas taas nako og 2 inches. We migrated here in the United States with my two kids in year 2000. She gave me two more handsome kids and treated my other kids like her own. While we’re here in the States, my biggest fear is being able to get a decent job. With my strong faith in God and prayers, He made me so strong that I was able to overcome my fear especially with the Americans.
I got several jobs in various plants as manager. I hope this message will give this guy a courage to handle his life and fate.
MR. ANONYMOUS
Mr. Anonymous,
Salamat sa imong encouragement sa atong sender, though dili unta ni pwede i-publish pero I hope nga dako kaayo ni og ikatabang sa atong mga igsuong Pilipino nga mao gyud ang problema, ang height. Usa ni sa mga requirement sa trabaho diri mao nga ang uban wala gyud makakita og maayong trabaho.
Hinaot pa nga mabasa ni sa mga kompaniya nga dili mamili as long as maka deliver sa trabaho ang tawo. Kon sa gugma usa sad ni sa nagpaila nga dili tanang babaye mamili og tag-as. Sakto ang imong tambag na kon strong lang ang pagtuo sa Ginuo maangkon ra gihapon nimo tanan. Hinaot pa sa tanan nga sama og problema nga unta dili mo mawad-an sa paglaum. Daghang salamat and God bless.
PAPA JOE

No comments:

Post a Comment